Typically, 1 in 3 companies will switch to a local uniform and linen company after using a national chain. Local uniform and linen companies are able to provide personalized service for your businesses uniform needs in a way national chain cannot. If you have been using a national linen chain for your business uniforms, there may be extra unnecessary costs that are costing you money and putting it in the pocket of the national chain.
- They have multiple prices which increases every year.
- They sometimes have their annual price increase after only after 11 months, not 12 months.
- They overstock you so you pay for inventory that never gets used. (The route person gets paid a commission, so their pay goes up.)
- Their garment maintenance programs are costly and don’t cover everything.
- They look for garments they can replace so they can charge you high rates for damage, such as tears, rips, stains, and more.
- They want your employees to quit so they can charge you their high rates for lost garments the former employee may have taken with you.
- They want your employees to quit or you to hire new employees so they can charge high rates for garment preparation, name, and emblems for your new uniforms.
- If you have questions or concerns about your uniforms and linens, it takes longer for a national chain to contact you and address your concerns.
- They may only change the mats “as needed”. They still charge you whether they change them or not.
- They love setting you up on paper and chemical programs so they can charge you weekly. You have no way of knowing if they actually do the service each week.
*Each of these items may not apply to all of the national chains.